I recently scored a few auctions that contained a ton of different Hallmark and Kurt Adler STAR WARS Christmas ornaments.
- Darth Vader’s Tie Fighter (electronic) 1999: I’m guessing this makes zooming and blasting noises when you hook it up. It’s got beautiful detail on it, complete w/ a cute little picture of Darth Vader sitting in the cockpit.
- Death Star 2 – Return of the Jedi(Electronic:) 2002 I already have this ornament and know that it makes all sorts of sound effects and I believe dialog from the film. It’s pretty awesome.
- Slave 1 – Attack of the Clones: 2002 – this puppy is HEAVY. It would have to hide inside a tree on a thicker part of a branch, it’s that heavy. Beautiful details again. I’m not a big Fett fanatic, but it’s pretty spiffy.
- Naboo Fighter – The Phantom Menace: 1999 – This ornament unlike the Slave 1 is very lightweight. It’s lovely – it’s got slight painting details, pretty silver paint that looks chrome, and is complete with Anakin in the cockpit and R2-D2 in the droid spot.
- Darth Maul: 2000 – Maul is the only character that I got that had any damage on it. One of his lightsabers broke off. But since he duals w/ them sometimes retracted, it’s not so much of a big deal. He’s in a cool action pose. Skirt details are really nice. Only problem – he doesn’t stand on his own so he’s really only meant to be on a tree.
- Anakin Skywalker Podracer Champion: 2001 – I love this ornament. I know that poor little Ani doesn’t get a lot of love from the SW fan community but how anyone couldn’t love this ornament is beyond me. The sculpt is so much fun, he’s dancing w/ joy from winning his race. The paint job is nice on him giving him lots of extra depth w/ the creases.
- Queen Amidala Theed Invasion: 1999 – Hands down my favorite of all of the ornaments. The detailing is amazing for such a small figurine and includes clear plastic to show off the light bulbs in her skirt (not illuminated – but put her next to a yellow light and they’ll sparkle.)
- Jar Jar Binks: 2001 – Jar Jar is pretty cute, he’s got a big goofy happy smile on his face. Detailing is nice, you get the depth of design in his arms and neck. It looks like my poor guy had an ear repaired. He, like Ani & Maul doesn’t stand on his own.
- Padme Amidala Geonosis Battle: 2003 – Padme is nicely designed, although not sure why they picked the bleeding Padme when she wore so many pretty costumes in that film that were screaming to be made into ornaments. She does stand on her own, hair, face, blaster are wonderfully detailed. She even has the Nexxu scars on her back.
Original Trilogy Characters:
- C-3PO: 2003. Lovely Threepio. He’s in one of his panicking positions w/ his arms flying up to protect his face. His leg is silver, nice detailing on his mid section. Not a lot of complaints here. He’s nice and shiny.
- Chewbacca & C-3PO Cloud City: 2004. Threepio isn’t faring too well in this ornament, he’s in pieces on Chewie’s back. Chewis is in a nice defensive position, Threepio’s got one arm on and he’s rather freaking out. Nice sculpts on both.
- Chewbacca: 1999 Chewie looks like he’s probably from RETURN OF THE JEDI, but it’s hard to tell. He’s holding his bowcaster, his hair around his face looks more like it did from the prequels or JEDI. Sculpt is good and hairy.
- Han Solo RETURN OF THE JEDI: 1999 – Judging by the jacket I’m saying this is a Jedi Han. I like the face sculpt a lot on this ornament, even if we don’t have the chin scar it’s nicer than a lot of Hasbro’s figure molds.
- A New Hope Light Transluscent Poster: 2004 – this ornament is cool It’s got the first epic design poster for A NEW HOPE on it. Everything except Luke and Leia are painted onto a transparent pane. Luke and Leia are 3D. There’s a hook on the back for you to attach a small white light bulb behind it. The light will then illuminate the rest of the poster. There’s a hook at the top to hang it from a branch above.
Kurt Adler Ornaments:
- X-Wing Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Queen Amidala: 2005. These 3 ornaments are made from ceramic. They’re about 4 3/4″ tall each. Detailing is of course not as nice as the plastic ornaments from Hallmark, but they have their charm. Leia looks rather angelic with her hood up (just ignore that blaster that she’s packing,) and the Luke and Amidala both are detailed enough that they’re highly recognizable.